Monday, April 25, 2011

Swiss Gear Tent Pole Replacements







Today deceased poet Gonzalo Rojas at 93 years of age. We express our deepest sympathy to their loved ones and national poetry.




honor his memory with a poem he wrote.



Against death

visions and I rip your eyes I pluck each passing day.
not want to see I can not! see men die every day. I'd rather be
stone be dark,
to endure the disgust of the inside and smile soften
right hand and left with such a flourish in my business.

I have no other business to be here telling the truth
in the middle of the street and all the winds:
the truth of being alive, living alone,
feet on the ground and the skeleton free in this world.

What we get with that jump up the sun with our machines
at the speed of thought, damn: what are we
to fly beyond the infinite
if we die with no hope of living out of time
dark?

God does not help. No one is useless.
but breathing, and how, and even sleep
thinking that I need about ten or twenty years to go
on his face, like everyone, to sleep in two meters of concrete down there.

I do not cry, I cry. Everything must be and must be, but I can not see
drawers and drawers
spend, spend, spend, spend every minute
filled with something stuffed with something, I can not see
blood still warm drawers. Toco

this rose, kissed its petals,
love life, I never tire of loving women: I eat
to open the world to them. But everything is useless, because I myself am
head
ready to cut waste, not to understand what it is expected
another world from this world.

I speak of God or I speak of history. I laugh
fetching far
explanation of hunger that devours me, the hunger to live like the sun in the grace
air forever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment