Friday, October 15, 2010

Chinese Crested Powder Puff For Sale]

In the library at Nobel


The first time I read Mario Vargas Llosa was because several years ago, I met one of his books in one of my walks through the library of my school. One of the big reasons I started reading I had to do with how attractive I found the book as object, their covers, their backs and their pages bore infinite words. Go to the library was for me just as fascinating as it is for some women shoes in a store window shopping. In one of these trips I met City and dogs, was then a new edition of Alfaguara, one that on its face has a black and white image and title in red and, as it is exhibited as prominent, I decided to read it.

As expected, the book I loved. Characters told the story of my age, also students, but living a completely different reality from mine and were taught under the logic and discipline were far from those I knew. From the moment I closed the book, Vargas Llosa became one of the few writers whose books have never ceased to amaze me. The Green House, Conversation in the Cathedral , The Storyteller , Pantoja and the Special , Aunt Julia and the Scriptwriter and The Feast of the Goat are just some of the works that have entertained me I have opened up new worlds, have made me mourn and fear and have filled me with new ideas and thoughts.

Now, after more than ten years of reading this writer, I am glad that so prolific figures of Latin American literature are recognized worldwide and that literature is still strong in our region. Congratulations!

0 comments:

Post a Comment